How to help a community of beginning dancers advance to a higher level of dancing…
- Workshop – beginners and intermediate. Have caller focus on one aspect of dancing for the evening.
- Start dance 1/2 hour early and advertise specifically for new people.
- Have more dances
- Invite experienced friends to help out, even if they have to travel a bit.
- Develop core repertoire (=favorite dances)
- Invite them to special events (balls) in other communities
- During the break, play with people to show new moves and practice thins in a supportive environment
- Praise improvements in the dancing of an individual
- bring college dancers to festivals and dances other places