How to work with Perpetual Beginners?
- Don’t. They are a force of nature and there isn’t much you can do. They are still welcome!
- Give them tips on how they might do particular things better. Don’t try to change them all at once.
- Stay patient, but don’t let them push you around.
- Ask callers to highlight one particular figure/step mid-dance.
- Take the initiative to focus some attention on one beginner from one experienced dancer. Introduce them to your experienced friends. Taking the time to be honest with them on what they need to improve and what they’re good at and helping them.
- There was a workshop on this very topic recently. Keep your eye on the CDSS Newsletter for more info
- Offer suggestions on “ways to have more fun”