Youth Dance Weekend has an official Code of Conduct for all attendees to abide by. Basically be awesome and respectful and we’ll help everyone have a good time. If you have any questions, let us know! You can always email us at email@example.com.
Youth Dance Weekend is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable dance experience for everyone. Our goal is to create a space where everyone can grow as dancers and leaders and where everyone can enjoy dancing and socializing safely. To make this happen we all need to agree to a few expectations:
- YDW aspires to be a comfortable space for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, physical appearance, race, religion/spirituality, or other aspects of identity. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
- Refrain from racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or other behavior that degrades, shames, or disrespects others for any aspect of their identity.
- Be conscious of the need for consent for certain activities. Make sure you have consent before dancing with someone, dipping them, cuddling with them, making any form of sexual contact, taking their photograph, recording them, et cetera.
- YDW is an alcohol- and drug-free event. Please do not bring those here.
- So, do your utmost to ensure that your behavior isn’t making someone else uncomfortable or unsafe. Be your best self.
Everyone has the option to opt-out of being photographed or recorded. YDW will provide a clear way to indicate the choice to opt-out so that each person’s preferences regarding photographs or recordings can be met.
If asked to stop any behavior, participants are expected to comply immediately. We expect participants to follow these rules throughout the weekend. Egregious violations may be met with consequences up to and including expulsion from the event without a refund.
Youth Dance Weekend encourages you to take initiative in respecting, setting, discussing, and defending boundaries. If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe confronting a situation, please talk to a committee member. We take all complaints seriously and are committed to resolving issues to the greatest extent possible. Committee members will be present to help participants feel safe throughout the weekend.